MACEE FULBRIGHT MALAYSIA
- The Malaysian-American Commission on Educational Exchange (MACEE) was founded on 28 January 1963 as a binational commission in Malaysia and the United States to promote educational and cultural exchanges between the two countries under the Fulbright Program.
- It is governed by its Board of Directors; consisting of government officials from both countries.
- The bilateral agreement was signed on January 28, 1963, between the then Malaysian Minister of Education, Tuan Haji Abdul Hamid Khan, and Mr. Harry Casler, Director of USIS Malaysia.
- The Fulbright Program is an educational exchange program that is administered globally via its 49 commissions in 160 countries, including Malaysia and, by the U.S. embassies in countries where a commission is not set up.
- Annually, the Fulbright Program sends deserving and academically talented Malaysian to the United States and vice-versa, sending Americans to Malaysia, to study, teach, conduct research, and benefit from cross-cultural experiences.
- The scholarship program was initiated by former Senator J. William Fulbright in 1946 with its universal objective to establish and increase mutual understanding between the USA and other countries through academic, professional, and cultural exchanges.
- There are currently nine (9) Fulbright Programs for Malaysian and three (3) programs for Americans to study, teach or conduct research in the program’s respective host institutions.
SUCCESS STORY IN A GLANCE:
- 160 Countries – To date, a total of 160 countries are participating in the Fulbright Program.
- 400,000 Fulbrighters – Fulbright Program has produced more than 400,000 alumni globally.
- 1,000 Malaysian Grantees – For the past 60 years, MACEE Fulbright Malaysia has sent over 1000 grantees to the U.S. to undergo nine (9) Fulbright Malaysia Programs.
- 2,000 U.S. Grantees – MACEE has thus far received more than 2,000 Americans hosted by various Malaysian institutions to undergo four (4) Fulbright Programs.
- 35 Grantees – Annually, up to 35 exceptional Malaysians have successfully been awarded a Fulbright scholarship to the U.S.
For more information, please visit MACEE Fulbright Malaysia at www.macee.org.my
Asma Wan Ahmad Najib
Communications & Alumni Relations Specialist
E: email@example.com T: +603-2166-8878 M: +60129024055