About the Malaysian-American Commission on Educational Exchange (MACEE)
The Malaysian-American Commission on Educational Exchange (MACEE) was founded in 1963 as a binational commission for Malaysia and the United States to promote educational exchange between the two countries. MACEE is one of 48 such commissions worldwide.
For 75 years, Fulbright participants have had a profound impact on the lives of individuals and on communities across the globe. The aim of the professional and educational exchange programs is to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and other countries through classroom teaching and community engagement.
Globally, Fulbright alumni have achieved distinction in many fields, and include 60 Nobel Prize recipients, 89 Pulitzer Prize winners, and 40 who have served as a head of state or government.
For almost 60 years, MACEE’s mission has been to “build bridges and transform lives” through Fulbright Malaysia’s professional and educational exchange opportunities between Malaysia and the United States.
As we continue on this journey, MACEE is looking for like minded individuals who believe in the power of transforming trajectories through international exchange and experiences.
External Relations Specialist
Full-Time, 1-Year Contract (renewable)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
RM 6,000 – RM 7,000/mo
OBJECTIVE OF THE ROLE
The External Relations specialist manages contacts with donors, partners, and the general public in an effort to increase their knowledge and understanding of MACEE’s programs and partnership opportunities.
MISSION OF THE ROLE
To build awareness, understanding and support between Malaysia’s government and private sector and the mission of Fulbright Malaysia and MACEE.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain and cultivate ongoing and productive professional relationships with key executives in the Malaysian private sector.
- Identify opportunities for new sponsorship and partnerships.
- Collaborate with the Fulbright Malaysia Program Manager, Communications Manager and Executive Director in creating publications, brochures, website content, webinars, etc to promote Fulbright awards on offer.
- Spearhead Commission fundraising efforts on an ongoing basis.
- Identify awards, both Malaysia and American, that are not receiving consistent and satisfactory numbers of qualified applicants in order to conduct targeted marketing campaigns in Malaysia and/or the US to attract greater interest.
- Liaise with Fulbright alumni to leverage their involvement in raising funds.
- Organise all aspects of the MACEE annual Homecoming gala; lead the Commission’s team in planning and hosting the event.
- Contribute to the Commission’s required reporting, such as the Annual Report, quarterly Board Notes, State Department reports, etc. regarding fundraising efforts.
KEY MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Creation of Contact Database – Ability to develop a database of potential partners and advocates across Malaysia and the United States.
- Ability to Negotiate with partners – Ability to bring in stakeholders and partners to continue to build the relationship between Malaysia and the United States
- Curation of Program Specific Informational Events – Creating unique informational opportunities to share details about the program to ensure success
- Stakeholder Customer Service – Processing sensitive information and documentation in a professional manner and timely manner, ensure the satisfaction of a variety of stakeholders including, but not limited to: senior management, applicants/grantees, alumni, Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education and the United States Embassy in Malaysia as well as the U.S. State Department.
- Passion for MACEE’s mission, educational exchange and providing opportunities to grantees.
- Proactive, self-starter with the ability to manage multiple work responsibilities with the added ability to independently manage priorities and timelines.
- Strong desire to learn new things and grow professionally.
- Believes in the concept of servant leadership and top-notch customer service.
- Strong background in project management
- Ability to think critically and create data analysis to solve problems.
- Is team-oriented
- Project/Program management experience
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to work independently
- Can manage events from beginning to end
- Detail Oriented
- Highly effective communicator – written and verbal
- English & Bahasa Melayu
Who Should Consider This Role
- At least 4 years working experience in sales, government relations, education administration with a Bachelor’s Degree (any field)
- Experienced in creation of partnerships, relationship building
- Experienced in Microsoft Office/Google Workspace
- Customer Service experience a plus
To apply, please send us a copy of your CV (with the contact information for 2 references) to email@example.com with “FULBRIGHT EXTERNAL RELATIONS SPECIALIST” in the subject line by February 21, 2022.