About the Malaysian-American Commission on Educational Exchange (MACEE)
The Malaysian-American Commission on Educational Exchange (MACEE) was founded in 1963 as a binational commission for Malaysia and the United States to promote educational exchange between the two countries. MACEE is one of 48 such commissions worldwide.
For 75 years, Fulbright participants have had a profound impact on the lives of individuals and on communities across the globe. The aim of the professional and educational exchange programs is to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and other countries through classroom teaching and community engagement.
Globally, Fulbright alumni have achieved distinction in many fields, and include 60 Nobel Prize recipients, 89 Pulitzer Prize winners, and 40 who have served as a head of state or government.
For almost 60 years, MACEE’s mission has been to “build bridges and transform lives” through Fulbright Malaysia’s professional and educational exchange opportunities between Malaysia and the United States.
As we continue on this journey, MACEE is looking for like minded individuals who believe in the power of transforming trajectories through international exchange and experiences.
Full-Time, 1-Year Contract (renewable)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
RM 3,500 – 4,500/mo
OBJECTIVE OF THE ROLE
The objective of this position is to manage the day to day logistical operations of either Fulbright Malaysia’s American or Malaysian program.
MISSION OF THE ROLE
To manage an effective and efficient customer-focused program while eliminating barriers to success for Fulbright Malaysia applicants, grantees and alumni.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the day-to-day Fulbright Malaysia programs administration under the leadership of the Fulbright Malaysia Program Manager.
- Manage initial screening of applicants, preparations of applications and coordination of applicant interviews.
- Create, maintain and archive electronic and physical (if necessary) files for the Fulbright program on a monthly basis.
- Manage and disseminate program announcements that are correct and current, serve as first-line responder to questions concerning the Fulbright program.
- Support the Fulbright Malaysia Senior Manager in compiling and preparing materials related to outreach activities for potential grantees and de-briefing sessions for current grantees.
- Compile, prepare, and transmit documentation required annually by the Ministry of Immigration for Professional Visit Pass (PVP) processing.
- Submit, track, and update applications of Fulbright nominees on an online management system.
- Make travel arrangements for fulbright grantees.
- Manage monthly check-ins with grantees and address any additional issues they might face.
KEY MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Applicant/Grantee Satisfaction – Ability to answer questions and inquiries from applicants and grantees in a comprehensive and timely manner.
- Consistent Improvement in Efficiencies – Persistent drive to improve the quality of program delivery.
- Curation of Program Specific Informational Events – Creating unique informational opportunities to share details about the program to ensure success
- Stakeholder Customer Service – Processing sensitive information and documentation in a professional manner and timely manner, ensure the satisfaction of a variety of stakeholders including, but not limited to: senior management, applicants/grantees, alumni, Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education and the United States Embassy in Malaysia as well as the U.S. State Department.
- Passion for MACEE’s mission, educational exchange and providing opportunities to grantees.
- Proactive, self-starter with the ability to manage multiple work responsibilities with the added ability to independently manage priorities and timelines.
- Strong desire to learn new things and grow professionally.
- Believes in the concept of servant leadership and top-notch customer service.
- Strong background in project management
- Ability to think critically and create data analysis to solve problems.
- Is team-oriented
ROLE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Project/Program management
- Manage Multiple Accounts/Programs
- Detail Oriented
- Well Organized
- Highly effective communicator – written and verbal
- English and Bahasa Malaysia
Who Should Consider This Role
- 2-4 years working experience with a Bachelor’s Degree (any field)
- Experienced in project management
- Experienced in Microsoft Office/Google Workspace
- Customer Service experience a plus
To apply, please send us a copy of your CV (with the contact information for 2 references) to email@example.com with “FULBRIGHT SPECIALIST” in the subject line by February 21, 2022.