Job Title: Fulbright English Teaching Assistant (ETA) Program Manager
Summary: This position reports to the MACEE Executive Director and is responsible for managing and implementing the ETA program, including recruitment and supervision of a team of 1 to 4 ETA Coordinators.
Responsibilities & Duties:
ETA Program Management:
- Recruit and supervise ETA Coordinators including ensuring timely performance reviews and/or documentation of performance deficiencies.
- Oversee ETA program budget, including monthly accounting reconciliations and working with accounting staff to ensure timely grant-related payments.
- Managing the compilation and submission of required reports to partner governments and organizations.
- Oversee activities of ETA Assistant Coordinators and provide support as needed.
- Train new ETA Coordinators, including ensuring the ETA Coordinator handbook and ETA safety & security policy is up-to-date and accurate.
- Ensure ETA Coordinators are aware of and follow policies and procedures of MACEE as well as their overall job requirements.
- Plan and implement ETA orientation, mid-year, and debrief conferences.
- Ensure necessary communications, including security announcements and programmatic updates, are distributed to ETAs in a timely manner.
- When necessary, and in coordination with ETA Coordinators, assist ETAs in resolving and mediating issues.
- Oversee Fulbright Malaysia ETA program social media accounts and ensure all social media activity follows the Fulbright Brand guidelines and reflects the objectives of the program.
- Participate in the selection committee for ETA Coordinators.
- Other tasks as assigned pertaining to the implementation of the ETA Program.
- Liaise with Ministry of Education, State education officials, and Embassy representatives to update on program schedules, safety & security concerns, and other relevant matters.
- Liaise with ETA program donors to maintain and develop relationships and ensure related reporting meets donor requirements.
- Provide input into new procedures in coordination with MACEE Senior Staff, as needed, to ensure the efficient implementation of the ETA program.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Passion for education and educational exchange.
- Bachelor of Arts.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in program management.
- Experience on exchange programs, particularly between Malaysia and the U.S., would be valued.
- Knowledge of and contacts within Government of Malaysia entities, particularly the Ministry of Education is desired.
- Highly organized and able to focus on multiple tasks at the same time.
- Strong team builder who is able to work with a diverse staff.
- Strong Bahasa Malaysia and English language skills required.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references (with up to date contact information) to MACEEjobs@gmail.com by Friday 2 April 2021.