About the Malaysian-American Commission on Educational Exchange (MACEE)
The Malaysian-American Commission on Educational Exchange (MACEE) was founded in 1963 as a binational commission for Malaysia and the United States to promote educational exchange between the two countries. MACEE is one of 49 such commissions worldwide.
For 75 years, Fulbright participants have had a profound impact on the lives of individuals and on communities across the globe. The aim of the professional and educational exchange programs is to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and other countries through classroom teaching and community engagement.
Globally, Fulbright alumni have achieved distinction in many fields, and include 61 Nobel Prize recipients, 89 Pulitzer Prize winners, and 40 who have served as a governmental head of state.
For almost 60 years, MACEE’s mission has been to “build bridges and transform lives” through Fulbright Malaysia’s professional and educational exchange opportunities between Malaysia and the United States.
As we continue on this journey, MACEE is looking for like-minded individuals who believe in the power of transforming trajectories through international exchange and experiences
|Start Date:||August 2022|
|Employment Type:||Full-Time, 1-Year Contract (renewable)|
|Location:||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Salary Range:||RM 3,000 – 4,000 month|
OBJECTIVE AND MISSION OF THE ROLE
- The objective of this position is to manage, organize and coordinate administrative duties and office procedures to ensure a pleasant work environment, high levels of organizational efficiency, effectiveness and impact.
- Ensure that MACEE runs smoothly on a day-to-day basis by supporting the completion of team-led initiatives for the overall good of the organization and stakeholders and grantees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To ensure the Executive Director’s office is organized, productive, operates efficiently and smoothly.
- To oversee and support all administrative duties assigned by the Executive Director.
- To manage the Executive Director’s day-to-day calendar and troubleshoot scheduling conflicts as they arise.
- To receive and sort incoming mail and deliveries of the Executive Director.
- To prepare documents and highlights of meeting agenda for the Executive Director to conduct meetings.
- To take the minutes of meetings and ensuring close follow-up on all outstanding tasks after meetings.
- To organize and maintain a filing system and ensure accurate document filing for easy access and retrieval.
- To prepare letters, reports, and other documents for signature as and when required.
- To collaboratively work with Team MACEE to ensure smooth execution of the Board and Executive Director’s vision.
- To manage office engagements, staff hotel & travel arrangement, service vendor performance for efficient daily operation.
- To manage and oversee the organization’s Administrative Leave log and ensure personnel files are up to date and secure.
- To review and implement Company policies and procedures in respective local jurisdiction, and modify it as and when required.
- To manage the verification of U.S. University Degree certification.
- To identify opportunities for process and office management improvements and design as well as implement new systems.
- To act as a liaison between the Director and management team by transmitting directives, instructions, assignments and maintaining confidentiality with a high level of integrity and commitment.
KEY MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Organizational Skills and Efficiency in work – Meticulous in organizing own work portfolio as well as for the Executive Director. Correct completion of work and prompt in response.
- Consistent Improvement in Efficiencies – Persistent drive to improve the quality of service or program.
- Professional – Cultivating and maintaining a cheerful, thoughtful and professional work environment for oneself and the team.
- Stakeholder Customer Service – Processing sensitive information and documentation in a professional and timely manner, ensure the satisfaction of stakeholders including, but not limited to: senior MACEE management, applicants/grantees, alumni, Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education and the United States Embassy in Malaysia as well as the U.S. State Department.
- Passion towards MACEE’s mission, educational exchange and providing opportunities to grantees.
- Team player, self-starter with the ability to manage multiple work responsibilities with the added ability to independently manage priorities and timelines.
- Strong desire to learn new things and grow professionally.
- Believes in the concept of servant leadership and top-notch customer service.
- Strong background in project management.
- Ability to think critically and create data analysis to solve problems.
ROLE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Strong organizational management skills with the ability to pay high attention to details.
- Competent Computer/Office Application user (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and stakeholder management skills with strong work ethics.
- Ability to multi-task, work efficiently under pressure and time constraints.
- Outstanding communications skills (written and verbal English/Malay) and negotiating skills.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least 2-4 years of working experience in a similar role.
- Fluent (Oral, Written) – English, Bahasa Malaysia.
- Experienced in both Microsoft Office and Google Workspace.
- Additional consideration to those with experience in:
- Customer Service
- Project Management
- Graphic Design
To apply, please send us a copy of your CV (with the contact information for 2 professional references) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT” in the subject line by JULY 1, 2022.