About the Malaysian-American Commission on Educational Exchange (MACEE)
The Malaysian-American Commission on Educational Exchange (MACEE) was founded in 1963 as a binational commission for Malaysia and the United States to promote educational exchange between the two countries. MACEE is one of 48 such commissions worldwide.
For 75 years, Fulbright participants have had a profound impact on the lives of individuals and on communities across the globe. The aim of the professional and educational exchange programs is to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and other countries through classroom teaching and community engagement.
Globally, Fulbright alumni have achieved distinction in many fields, and include 60 Nobel Prize recipients, 89 Pulitzer Prize winners, and 40 who have served as a head of state or government.
For almost 60 years, MACEE’s mission has been to “build bridges and transform lives” through Fulbright Malaysia’s professional and educational exchange opportunities between Malaysia and the United States.
As we continue on this journey, MACEE is looking for like minded individuals who believe in the power of transforming trajectories through international exchange and experiences.
|Role||Communications & Alumni Relations Specialist|
|Start Date||April 2022|
|Employment Type||Full-Time, 1-Year Contract (renewable)|
|Location||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Salary Range||RM 6,000 – RM 7,000/mo|
The communications/alumni engagement specialist will strengthen MACEE’s brand and outreach through traditional and social media; its current alumni network of over 300 members; as well as new partners. This work will yield results for the institution by: increasing the Fulbright applicant pool; creating new opportunities for partnerships and collaboration as well as strengthening U.S.-Malaysia academic and educational diplomacy.
The specialist would be responsible for recruitment of future applicants, amplifying cross-cultural engagement and opportunities, and linking the corporate communications relationship and strategy between U.S. and Malaysia governments, academia, and society.
The position also serves as MACEE’s extension to the Fulbright Alumni Association of Malaysia (FAAM). In this part of the role, the specialist will provide support and technical assistance by creating and maintaining a searchable database of alumni; supporting FAAM accreditation assistance; and coordinating partnership events.
OBJECTIVE OF THE ROLE
The objective of this position is to position MACEE as a regional and global leader in educational exchange and a vital partner in the Malaysian education space.
MISSION OF THE ROLE
To build and grow a strong brand for MACEE/Fulbright Malaysia through storytelling, innovative engagement and visibility in earned and social media spaces driving the long-term sustainability and growth of the organization.
KEY MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Creation and Execution of an Annual Media Strategy – Via traditional and social media methods in an effort ensure MACEE/Fulbright Malaysia and its alumni opportunities to engage with Malaysian (and American) media outlets, thus growing brand awareness
- Community Building with Alumni – Creating spaces for Alumni to congregate in-person/virtually to build esprit de corps and mobilize.
- Coordination of Outreach between US and Malaysian Governments – Ensuring the binational sponsoring entities are tied into MACEE’s communications strategy and are working in partnership.
- Alumni Database Management – Ensuring MACEE is keeping track of alumni and their accomplishments during their grant and upon return.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate Fulbright Malaysia communications in concert with Government of Malaysia and US Embassy Kuala Lumpur.
- Management and execution of MACEE/Fulbright Malaysia’s social media channels and strategy
- Works with Fulbright Malaysia Program Manager to create marketing and communications materials, including press releases, infographics, blog posts, and social media content for Fulbright Malaysia.
- Coordinate the maintenance and content of the MACEE (Fulbright Malaysia) website, working closely with Fulbright Malaysia team for up to date content including, but not limited to: alumni narratives, grant announcements, FAQs and video tutorials.
- Track analytics and create reports detailing successes and failures of communications campaigns for Fulbright Malaysia.
- Create and maintain a digital media archive of Fulbright Malaysia programs.
- Conceptualize and implement communications strategies and campaigns.
- Respond to media inquiries for Fulbright Malaysia and perform media outreach to achieve brand placement in publications.
- Manage Fulbright Malaysia and MACEE’s relationship with FAAM.
- Creates and maintains an external alumni database of all alumni members.
- Design and produce presentations, press releases, articles, leaflets, ‘in-house’ journals, reports, publicity brochures and promotional videos.
- Passion for MACEE’s mission, educational exchange and providing opportunities to grantees.
- Proactive, self-starter with the ability to manage multiple work responsibilities with the added ability to independently manage priorities and timelines.
- Strong desire to learn new things and grow professionally.
- Believes in the concept of servant leadership and top-notch customer service.
- Strong background in Public Relations, Mass Communications and/or Marketing is desirable.
- Ability to think critically and create data analysis to solve problems.
- Is team-oriented.
ROLE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Social Media Management
- Established Traditional Media Professional network and contacts
- Detail Oriented
- Highly effective and accurate communicator – written and verbal
- English and Bahasa Malaysia
Who Should Consider This Role
- 4-8 years working experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications or Marketing (preferred)
- Experienced in Social Media Management
- Experienced in Database Management
- Well versed in Canva, Mailchimp and other graphic design tools
To apply, please send us a copy of your CV (with the contact information for 2 references) to email@example.com with “COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST” in the subject line by February 21, 2022.