Application Deadline: July 4, 2022
Prospective Fulbright participants should be aware that public health conditions, availability of consular services and travel, as well as U.S. institutional operating status and policies may affect their ability to travel to the U.S. and participate in academic programs.
The Malaysian-American Commission on Educational Exchange (MACEE) is pleased to announce its annual competition for Fulbright grants for graduate level study (Masters or Phd degrees) in the United States for FY 2023-2024 academic year.
PERIOD OF AWARD
All grants are for periods of one academic year. Degree-track grants may be renewed for a second year. Please note that grant renewals are recommended for approval by the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarships Board and are not automatically renewable.
NATURE OF AWARD
Awards will be partial grants or otherwise require cost-sharing from the candidate’s home institution, scholarships or other funding from the admitting university or from personal resources. The amount of any specific award will be based upon available funding and other criteria as determined by the academic committee during the selection process. All decisions regarding category and amount of grant shall be final. Similarly, the amount of renewal funding shall be contingent upon financial circumstances affecting the Commission. For graduate degree grants, efforts will be made to retain funding levels from the first to the second year. However, students should not assume this will take place.
PLACEMENT OF AWARD
Institute of International Education (IIE) will assist applicants in securing placement at a regionally accredited U.S. university and applicants should be accepted by June 1st, 2023.
FIELDS OF STUDY
Students applying for any field of study (outside of: internship, residency or research at a U.S. school of medicine, nursing, dentistry or veterinary medicine) are encouraged to apply, as all highly qualified applicants will be considered.
Preference may be given to those proposals which are consistent with MACEE’s overall thematic approach for Fulbright awards, emphasizing these general areas of study:
- American Studies
- Malaysian Studies
- Islamic Studies
- Comparative Religion
- Economics and Technology Transfer
- Issues in Contemporary Society
- International Relations
To be considered for selection under this program, students shall:
- Possess Malaysian citizenship;
- Be in good health;
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with Honors (Hons.) and cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or its equivalent;
- Have a TOEFL* score of at least 100 (iBT) on a test taken no more than two years prior to the time of application (note: certain fields and/or institutions may require a higher score). You should provide the test date if you haven’t taken the test. Please designate your score reports to the Institute of International Education (IIE). Institution code for TOEFL & GRE exam: 2326, GMAT: FOF-4J-28
- Have a GMAT*, GRE*, GRE subject test* with a minimum score as required by the institution of your choice.
- Be available for a virtual interview.
- Commit to return to Malaysia immediately upon completion of study.
- Applicants MUST have lived in Malaysia at least ONE year before the announcement date (April 5, 2022).
The Following Individuals Are Not Eligible:
- Individuals who are or have already been enrolled in a graduate degree program at an American university and who seek nomination in order to complete said program.
- Individuals who seek nomination in order to complete a second master’s degree or doctoral degree.
- Individuals who intend to pursue internship, residency or research at a U.S. school of medicine, nursing, dentistry or veterinary medicine.
- Individuals who are working or currently studying anywhere outside Malaysia.
FULBRIGHT PLAGIARISM PROCEDURE
This program seeks applicants whose writing achieves the highest academic standards of original research, writing, and citation. Application materials will be processed using software to help identify any instance of plagiarism. Plagiarism in any part of your application will result in your disqualification from participating in the program.
Plagiarism will be understood to include any of the following:
Presenting wording, statistics or concepts as your own which should be attributed to someone else or to publications (online or offline). This includes, but is not limited to:
- Copying the exact wording of a written source
- Presenting material with alterations in wording
- Paraphrasing the content of a source without citation
It is expected that your application will be your own work and writing, with a clear citation of secondary sources if describing the academic work and writing of others (including one’s own previously published work). Any sources used in the construction of your responses must be clearly cited.
To apply for this award, applicants must complete the official online application for the Foreign Fulbright Student Program and provide the required documents.
Click here for application
Please mail the documents below to MACEE by July, 4th 2022:
- Certified true copies of university transcript(s) for all years of academic study.
- Certified true copies of degree certificates.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview and contact Kalis / Karen at 03-21668878 or Fulbrightmalaysia@macee.org.my
Applicants can get information on U.S. universities (list of schools, etc) from our Educational Adviser at MACEE. Advising sessions are by appointment only, kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.