The Malaysian-American Commission on Educational Exchange (MACEE) is seeking an Executive Director. The Executive Director will direct the daily operational activities of MACEE, a non-profit, binational commission responsible for administering the Fulbright Program in Malaysia and other educational programs funded by the U.S. and Malaysian governments. The MACEE Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and develops strategies, policies and procedures to promote educational exchange between the United States and Malaysia.
- Outstanding leadership, management and organizational skills, the capacity to oversee a
complex, geographically diverse operation, and the technical skills to function as an individual contributor, mentor and coach.
- Ability to budget and forecast demand, revenues and expenses and control costs.
- Personal integrity and exemplary ethical standards with a strong commitment to achieving
personal and organizational success in business conduct and relations.
- Ability to function effectively, exert influence and gain consensus at all organizational levels as well as with a wide variety of external stakeholders.
- Outstanding communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Must have broad knowledge of best practices in operations, board/donor relations, accounting, staffing, safety and security operations.
- Prior experience in budgeting, establishing and maintaining internal controls and recruitment and management of staff.
- Advanced degree and/or substantial prior work experience managing a non-profit or education-related organization. Long-term Malaysian experience preferred.
- Familiarity with U.S. Government funding is strongly preferred.
The responsibilities of the Executive Director include, but are not limited to, ensuring the safety and security of exchange participants; coordinating MACEE’s efforts to be in alignment with those of the U.S. Department of State, the U.S. Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, and the Malaysian Ministry of Education; establishing and ensuring compliance with all formal policies, procedures and delegations; setting budgets, meeting revenue forecasts, and meeting all other performance goals; continually review existing strategies to improve effectiveness; fundraising from private sector donors and ensuring adequate levels of support from government sources; instilling and reinforcing the development of an outstanding Commission culture.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and is negotiable. To apply, e-mail a letter of application accompanied by a CV and salary history to ExecDir@macee.org.my by Midnight, Saturday, May 25, 2019. Three letters of recommendation should also be sent directly by the recommending persons to ExecDir@macee.org.my. Only complete applications will be considered. Interviews will be held the week of May 27, and a contract will be offered to the successful candidate no later than June 2019.