In January 2015, the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) and MACEE signed an agreement to offer specialized Fulbright grants for Malaysians and Americans in the field of communications. This collaboration intends to promote and enhance knowledge capacity buildingin emerging and key growth areas in the communications and multimediasector.
The Fulbright-MCMC offers grants for the 2017-2018 academic year in the area of communications and multimedia only. A range of awards are offered in the following categories:
1. Malaysian Graduate Study grants for those wishing to pursue a full-time Master’s degree for one year program only; (Deadline: Aug 5, 2016). Click here to apply
2. Malaysian Senior Researcher grants for academics and professionals to study and/or conduct research in the US; (Deadline: November 11, 2016). Click here to apply
3. US Senior Researcher grants for US citizens wishing to conduct research and/or teach in a Malaysian academic or non-academic institution/body; and
4. US Senior Specialists grants for US citizens to undertake consultation, training or collaborative work in a Malaysian host institution.
The eligible areas of study and research for the above Awards include the following priority areas:
1. Smart Digital Nation (Cities and Communities)
2. Data Sciences and Analytics
3. Internet of Things
4. Information and Network Security
5. Policy and Regulatory Matters (spectrum, competition, access pricing etc.)
6. Digital Inclusion