We are looking for a team player with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates should be able to promote U.S. higher education via advising and outreach programs, social media savvy and have knowledge of U.S. higher education institutions and the U.S. education system.
Candidates must possess at least Bachelor’s Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in any discipline (strong preference for a U.S. University degree)
Required language(s): English is required as the position requires regular communication with U.S. contacts.
- At least 1 year of working experience in a relevant field is required for this position.
- Required Skill(s): Strong organizational, prioritization, interpersonal, and communication skills required.
- Knowledge of U.S. higher education institutions and the U.S. education system required.
- Knowledge of the diverse Malaysian higher education system required.
- Marketing & Communication – Design content and manage various communication platforms, including social media platforms, newsletter, event promotion, managing materials to ensure they are up-to-date, documenting events via photography, and other relevant tasks.
- Database management – manage the current advisee database, track advisee status and statistics, maintain alumni database, and maintain a database of scholarships and financial aid for international students.
- Outreach & Advising – conduct presentations, participate in third party fairs, schedule and conduct advising appointments, develop and maintain a relationship with school academic counselors, organize a pre-departure orientation, travel to Penang every other month to conduct advising and outreach activities, participate in school fairs and events.
- Reporting – complete monthly reports through various EducationUSA platforms.
- SAT Prep – teach students the SAT English component and create MACEE test prep official posters. Preferably have taken the SAT test.
- Other related duties as required.
Please email your CV to AbdullahAA@america.gov. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
EducationUSA is a U.S. Department of State network of over 425 international student advising centers in more than 175 countries.
The network promotes U.S. higher education to students around the world by offering accurate, comprehensive, and current information about opportunities to study at accredited postsecondary institutions in the United States. EducationUSA also provides services to the U.S. higher education community to help institutional leaders meet their recruitment and campus internationalization goals. EducationUSA Malaysia is located at the Malaysian-American Commission on Educational Exchange (MACEE).