The Malaysian-American Commission on Educational Exchange (MACEE) is pleased to announce its annual competition for Fulbright grants for graduate level study (Masters or Ph.D. degrees) in the United States for FY2018-2019 academic year.
PERIOD OF AWARD
All grants are for periods of one academic year. Degree-track grants may be renewed for a second year. Please note that grant renewals are recommended for approval by the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarships Board and are not automatically renewable.
NATURE OF AWARD
Awards will be partial grants or otherwise require cost-sharing from the candidate’s home institution, scholarships or other funding from the admitting university or from personal resources. The amount of any specific award will be based upon available funding and other criteria as determined by the academic committee during the selection process. All decisions regarding category and amount of grant shall be final. Similarly, the amount of renewal funding shall be contingent upon financial circumstances affecting the Commission. For graduate degree grants, efforts will be made to retain funding levels from the first to the second year. However, students should not assume this will take place.
PLACEMENT OF GRANTEE
Institute of International Education (IIE) will assist applicants in securing placement at a regionally accredited U.S. university and applicants should be accepted by June 1st, 2018.
FIELDS OF STUDY
Preference will be given to those proposals which are consistent with MACEE’s overall thematic approach for Fulbright awards, emphasizing these general areas of study:
• American Studies
• Malaysian Studies
• Islamic Studies
• Comparative Religion
• Economics and Technology Transfer
• Issues in Contemporary Society
• International Relations
To be considered for selection under this program, students shall:
1. Possess Malaysian citizenship.
2. Be no more than 35 years of age at the time of application. Applicant above 35 years of age will be considered on case by case basis.
3. Be in good health;
4. Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with Honors (Hons.) and cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or its equivalent;
5. Have a TOEFL* score of at least 100 (iBT) on a test taken no more than two years prior to the time of application (note: certain fields and/or institutions may require a higher score). You should provide the test date if you haven’t taken the test. Please designate your score reports to the Institute of International Education (IIE). Institution code for TOEFL & GRE exam: 2326, GMAT: FOF-4J-28
6. Have a GMAT*, GRE*, GRE subject test* with minimum score as required by the institution of your choice.
7. Be available for interview in Kuala Lumpur.
8. Be prepared to return to Malaysia immediately upon completion of study.
The Following Individuals Are Not Eligible.
1. Individuals who are or have already been enrolled in a graduate degree program at an American university and who seek nomination in order to complete said program.
2. Individuals who seek nomination in order to complete a second master’s degree.
3. Individuals who intend to pursue internship, residency or research at a U.S. school of medicine, nursing, dentistry or veterinary medicine.
4. Individuals who are working or currently studying in USA. To be eligible, applicants MUST have returned to Malaysia at least ONE year before the announcement date (May 12, 2017) for this award.
Please mail 4 copies of your application to MACEE by September 1, 2017.
Fulbright Malaysian Graduate Study and Research Program
18th Floor, Menara Yayasan Tun Razak
200 Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur
A complete application includes:
a. Application form with photograph.
b. Certified true copies of university transcript(s) for all years of academic study.
c. Certified true copies of degree certificates.
d. Copies of TOEFL/GMAT/GRE score reports.
e. Three letters of reference. At least one academic and one professional or work related letters preferred. Letters of reference should not be written by persons related to you or by personal friends. Most universities will require that graduate students (regardless of field of study) included a thesis abstract or research paper (translated into English) that was completed during previous university-level studies.
f. Most universities will require that graduate students (regardless of field of study) included a thesis abstract or research paper (translated into English) that was completed during previous university-level studies.
For inquiry please contact Kalis at 03-21668878 or email@example.com
Applicants can get information on U.S. universities (list of schools, etc) from our Educational Advisor at MACEE. Advising sessions are by appointment only. Kindly contact MACEE for more information.